Members of AIR340B believe that:
- A 340B program should directly support access to prescription drugs for uninsured, indigent patients.
- Reform, transparency, accountability and oversight are needed to ensure that the program meets this public health objective.
- HRSA should have adequate resources to oversee the 340B program.
- Treatment decisions should be based on clinical judgment and the best interest of the patient, not the economic interests of the facility.
- In light of coverage expansions since 340B was enacted, the program should be refocused on patient access, rather than expanded to the inpatient setting.
- Overall, the program bears reexamination to ensure it corresponds to the purpose of the 340B law to support access to prescription drugs for uninsured, indigent patients.
For more information or questions about the Alliance for Integrity and Reform of 340B, please contact us at info@340Breform.org.